NUFFY

Friday, January 6, 2012

Loving Others

Matthew 5:43-48

New International Version (NIV)

Love for Enemies
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

This is what I've learnt from my spiritual leader tonight. God just moved me so much to just speak to him about the way I worship in prayer group. It somehow just dawn on me the realisation that it was important that I speak to him, rather than to pretend everything is just normal. The one thing about me is, the way I worship is generally more "outward" and louder than others (being built in such mould in my church), but most of them in the hostel prayer group prefer the kind of absolute silence to be in tune with God (I've noticed that I was the only one worshipping my lungs out when they were all so silent)

However, my leader taught me that if what I do (i.e.: speaking through the Spirit or singing grace) would just make the corporate lose focus, I'd rather not do it, although that is my norm. Why? Because, we simply gather up for the same purpose. He taught me to be wise and humble in all my doings. So, I choose to lay down my norm, in order for everyone of us to benefit from the gathering, rather than a win-lose situation. "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Lord, I uphold Thy words in my life and I surrender my life in Thy gracious hands. Make me teachable, Lord. In Jesus' name I ask, amen.

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

No comments: