NUFFY

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Guide's Night 2010

It's May Day and it's also Guide's Night today. I am the emcee of the event and my couple is Dylan. I really hope we will not screw things up.

Today, Dylan fetched me to school at 8.30am and we'd been there till 12.30pm. It was tiring and fun. During our break, I went out with her and Jie Xin to have our lunch. We decided to eat at a nearby food court and guess what? Shops are closed. We forgot that it was May Day. So, we headed to a dim sum restaurant right in front of the court and...

1. I ordered a special dim sum - RM8
2. Dylan and I ordered chrysanthemum tea - RM3.60
3. Dylan and I ordered 2 more dim sum - RM8

I need not to worry much as I remembered bringing RM10 and Dylan brought RM9. I still had some coins in my wallet. And the revelation has come...

I forgot that I actually brought RM5 but lucky enough... Dylan brought extra RM5. That was a very close shave! My goodness, that was the very first experience of a money-not-enough situation ever in my life. I never knew dim sum usually are expansive.

On the way back to school, we were laughing our hearts out about the incident. Man, had Dylan no any extra money, we had to borrow from our schoolmate then. His restaurant is just a few lots away from the restaurant we dined in. Regretted not dining there instead. Sigh.

Right after that, full rehearsal started when we reached school. We were faltering a little because we have not memorized our script yet. Anyway, we both will be going through that event-by-event tonight before everything starts. Hope everything will be alright!

PS: Today is Dylan's official retirement in co-curricular field, right after this event, she will be a retired veteran. My retirement will be somewhere next month.

No comments: