NUFFY

Monday, October 17, 2011

Disappointment

Sometimes, self-reliance is a lot better than what we have for now. I just got out of my Information and Technology System lecture. My lecturer has disappointed me. She lost momentum every single time I went for her lecture. It is now week 5. I've given her more than enough time to prove herself worthy to me (as well as the other course mates). It is very disappointing that she drags too much time, sitting down during her lecture (Do you think it is appropriate?).

I got out of the lecture hall about half hour prior to the end of lecture. Now, I am blogging about my disappointment in college library and I figured something out: Flipping through my text book and trying to understand my lecture notes ALL BY MYSELF (or with friends) are hell better than attending my time-consuming lecture.

Well, Mom, I am sure you will advise me about this, saying that I must go, whether it is fun or very dead boring. But have you forgotten, I couldn't ace well because of tuitions in form 3, but once I stopped all those nonsensical extra PAID classes, everything went a lot better. So, this is it. I am going to return to my traditional style.

I understood so many literatures, I understood astrophysics when I was in form 1 (but now I've forgotten, of course, because I am not applying it!), I understood Theory of Music very quickly (it is only 6 months, or less, and I am already  in Grade 5), I understood so many things without a proper tutor beside me. I got an A for Physics in SPM despite the forever-changing teachers during form 4, I got an A- (sadly, the only A- in my result slip) for Biology, despite the unfathomable classes back in school. I got an A for Hubungan Etnik, knowing that my lecturer was terrible, I had to study like a mad cow, memorizing laws and sections with their definitions to support my answers.

I have done all of the above with grace of God and with His grace, He gave me presents - supporting friends and family, awesome library in my college for me to do research and my strength and confidence. I will not fucking go down so easily.

To whom it may concern: I don't care if you are a very poorly trained lecturer, or you're just getting money by sitting down during your lectures. Let me tell you this, if I score well, it is none of your credits, but if I do not get CGPA of 4.000 this semester and the factor is ITS, you are to be blamed. Bear in mind, what goes around, comes around. You will pay this price in the future.

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

2 comments:

Jamie Tan said...

Alex,what you said in the blog really true and meaningful if we could study on our own despite of listening to the boring lecturers teach the particular subject.I will 100% support you because I face this difficulties too back in Semester 1 to study Hubungan Etnik.I forced to wake up early just to go Group A lecture for HE !!Tiring but it learnt more things and besides I read all the chapters which was not covered for the examination....Haiz,what to say,sometimes life is like that...There are ups and downs before we can succeed for ourselves,family and so on... :)

Jamie Tan said...

Well,Alex...What you've stated in the blog is true...The ITS lecture is bored and the lecturer should responsible to teach the students by standing up to explain the particular part.I had experienced your situation back in Semester 1 like you before.As the Hubungan Etnik always cancelled class and lecture,this made me angry too.I forced to wake up early on Wed just to listen to Group A HE lecture to get the notes for upcoming chapters and extra exercise.But I'm grateful that I score A for HE...as my hard work had paid off.If I continue listened to his useless lecture,I think I might not achieve my target to score well for this subject.I will 100% support you in complaining the ITS lecturer,Ting Tin Tin for her responsibilities to stand during lecture....If there is no improvements,I think you will never attend her lecture..based on my view and forecast...
That's all I want to say. :)
Hope that your complain will succeed ! ;)