NUFFY

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I hate accounting!

That was the bold statement I confessed to my Fundamentals of Accounting tutor. He took it calmly. He was a good listener indeed. I didn't "read" him wrongly here. He's very fatherly, actually. Anyway, what he told me was rather inspirational and very straight forward. Here is the conversation:
Me: Sir, I'd like to talk to you.
Sir: Alright. What?
Me: I have a problem, sir. I hate accounting. I find it tedious and so very dead.
Sir: If that's the case, why did you take up this course?
Me: Well, sir you see. I'd like more to strategic thinking kinda stuffs. That's why I'm aiming for AMA (Management Accounting) for my Advance. I also talked to the lecturer about my dilemma last semester because I was fond of Economics.
Sir: So, what did she say?
Me: She advised me to give more time to think about my decision as we go up to Sem 7, we'll have combination of both. So, she asked me to do my choice there. She also said that Economics major's job scope is very small, which was why I didn't think of going for it anymore.
Sir: So, you see. Even AMA has accounting papers.
Me: I know but you see, at least things are not dead there. I like subjects like Law, Governance and IAS more. For example like what we learnt on Company? There was this popular case of Saloman that I liked very much.
Sir: You see, if you wanna go for the higher level subjects, you should get good foundation in your basics first. This is very important. If you don't know the elements of double entry, you can't do anything when you're in higher level, true?
Me: I also believe that this level's accounting is too downright basic till I have lost my interest in accounting. Or, it could be the class tutorials like I said, it's very confusing. Either that, OR, no offence, sir, you confused me too. Remember what happened during our first class on Inventory? I said you confused me.

So, readers. These are the only memorable lines. As I bid him goodbye, I thought to myself again: Music Theory Grades 1-4 are simple and very dull rhythm composition. I stayed strong and now, I could finally compose melody. I shall stay strong, for analytical mind's sake! I need this foundation to be good for future.

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

No comments: