NUFFY

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Worthlessness

Another Staff Sunday Submission by me, for TCBH.

My Economics lecturer on Friday inspired me to write on this article. We were on Keynesian economic model where Keynes argued that during the Great Depression, the economy didn't heal itself - as perscribed by the classical economists.
 
In this part of Keynesian theory, my lecturer said that since the Short-Run SupplyCurve (SRAS) can't move, the only way to self-regulate is by moving the Aggregate Demand (AD) curve and by doing so, Keynes proposed a process called the multiplier process.

He further stated that the multiplier process is a process that happens naturally and it only needs one single person to shift the whole AD curve because the multiplier will do the work. His example was on a person who spends additional RM40 on a good, and in the ultimate end, that RM40 has become RM200 due to multiplier effect.

So he said, "Don't think you are a nobody in the world. If everyone in this lecture hall (we have a gross amount of 300 heads there) spends RM1 lesser, it would total up to about RM300 spent lesser on the market basket, BOOM! Recession."

That day, I was really inspired by his lecture. He indirectly related all of us into the importance we can do to our country. If that is the case, I feel that people who feel worthless about them should really read this, then ask yourself, "To which extend that I am actually worthless to anything at all?" and list it down. Then, compare yourself with the people who commit suicide for their personal reasons. Then, I believe you will see everything in a better perspective.

Don't simply give up for not trying hard ENOUGH. I once read an imageword in Tumblr, "I fell 8 times, but I stood up 9." Doesn't this message mean anything to you? You stood up 9 times! Don't give up. Never do. I've been on many funny circumstances which there are at points I simply feel like giving up. Every single time whenever these things happen, I'd tell everyone, "I FUCKING QUIT!" But deep down in me, I told myself, "Alex. You're a fighter. You are born a fighter. You could survive so long with so many other problems around you all this while and now you're quitting? WAKE UP and fight, Alex! I'm sure there are people who need you around with them. Why give up for something impermanent? SILLY COW!"

One of the many books I've read also tells the character to live and don't die - For One More Day.
One of the many books I've read also tells there is no random act in the world - The Five People.
One of the many books I've read also tells me that God is there and He will help us fight - The Holy Bible.

Don't. Give. Up.


Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

No comments: