NUFFY

Saturday, July 31, 2010

J'suis de retour!!!

Yes, people. I am back to the wonderful and advanced world of technology!!! After few sickening weeks (I suppose... 2 weeks?) with my CPU crashed. It was the hard disk's problem. I'm uber glad it is fine now. I can finally listen to music again, chat with my friends again, blah blah blah... Recently there are a few things that has happened, which I doubt I can explain it over here. I'm a little stress with a few things and yes... Exam trial is never an exception. Today's 31st July, tomorrow's 1st August, few more weeks: Trials... It happens to be Mom's birthday as well. Ironic, isn't it?

Today I went to SMK Puteri to attend a workshop organised by Taylor's University College with a few of my friends and surely, I've mingled around with the Canadian lecturers - Mr. John and Ms. Lindsay. Frankly, I love their eyes. Black pupil, green iris. Both of them. I hope no one there found me irritating because, as you know... I tend to speak a lot (with peculiar English... I know, I suck!). I can't change that, can I?

Alright, I will soon crash my head on my History book once more. I'm finishing Renaissance and starting on the economical impact during the British reign... that's mainly because I've skipped 5 chapters of Islam. Those are really important chapters. I will have to read them last!

OH NO... The thoughts of this exam is really making my tummy filled with butterflies...

PS: Mom, I really really really HOPE that I can give you a good Birthday present this time. Last year's leather purse didn't even last a year! Pathetic. Perhaps I got cheated. Ha, ha. Love, son.

===============EDIT (8.11pm)
I finally have collected myself to tell what has happened in the workshop today. This morning I walked to Aruna's house and we both walked to school and reached there at 8.02am. We even thought we were late and we decided to run from Punca Emas which is about 2km from school? Then we knew that the bus will come late. Crap!

So, anyway, we reached SMK Puteri around 8.50am (I'm just making a wild guess. I looked at the time too much today that I forgot what time these incidents took place). We were brought into Dewan Seri Kandi and my gang (Aruna, Gopinath, Yu-Xuan and I) enrolled for Canadian Pre-U seminar - about Business.

The first session was conducted by Ms. Lindsay Sommer... something. Her last name is a little difficult to remember. I loved the way she dressed herself. Really simple and elegant! Her talk was on "Thinking out of the box" and "Why English?". This session, I spoke most. In fact, I was the only one talking loudly when questions are raised. OK, note to you readers, I am NOT praising myself. I am just telling how things worked there.

She made me realized that J.K. Rowling didn't write her series of Harry Potter for the sake of writing it. There was actually a message underlying the story - racism. She also talked on status quo (which when she asked before defining, I raised my hand and answered. Lucky I got it right. Thanks to HELP debate experience!!). Basically, her talk was on society's normal thinking. We had break and after that and we gathered up in the hall and listened to Mr. John Suschkov's lecture on International Business.

I was amazed by his way of making his lecture really interesting. After all, the topic "International Business" sounds like a turn-off, right? Before he concluded his session, he drilled us into something called... Instant Inventions. My group's innovation is about a remote controlling iron. Yeah, you can guess it already. I was the presenter. It was quite impromptu and thanks to Miko from SMKKGV, she's helped me with a few vocabs that I couldn't really find in my pea-sized brain that time. Finally, we had lunch before we bid everyone goodbye.

No comments: