NUFFY

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HOLY EPIC!

1. Dad drove me to school. I heard Overture to the Light Calvary by Von Suppe. I was air-orchestrating throughout the whole overture. The aura was so awe-inspiring! IF any of you ever loved classical pieces, I recommend you to hear this piece as a kick-start. Give yourself 10 minutes, close your eyes and enjoy the music.

2. In school, the counselor said, "Alright, all these students are required to go to the lecture room as soon as the assembly ends as the principal would wish to meet all of you. For those who gets excellent results for trials this time." After a long while, then my name was called. I was surprised why I was not called earlier, as I got 8th in form. But Aruna told us that she saw one of our teachers having the same list. It seemed that they sort us out according to number of Distinctions we have, A+.

3. In the lecture room, our principal was talking with a very different tone which I just had to hear all his words. His main advise to all 45 of us was, "Don't lose focus" and he used the analogy of a marathon runner. At intervals, Francine and I gazed at each other and whispered things like, "I can't believe we are already here, in the final lap!"
"I feel like crying now," thanks to our principal's speech which was really heart-touching
There was one part he said about our batch is his batch that follows him right till the end. He came to the school in 2005, we came to the school in 2006. Now, 2010 is our last year and March 2011 would be his retirement. That was pretty sad and proud as well. I hope he'll be fine with it, although it's all fated.

At the end of the session, we shook hands with the principal and the senior assistant of academics and I think I was the only one who hugged both of them.

4. Gloria finally confronted in me about our long-held misunderstanding and I found out she was right about something, "That's true that you can have so many close friends but it's hard to find true friends." Now THAT was something I have to applaud on. She was right. All these while, I was being close to so many people (or would be rather close, I suppose?) and I didn't feel much appreciated as compared to my very few true friends. Regardless of anything, I would turn back to these true friends and tell them almost everything. Instead of shutting it up and move on which I do that to my close friends. "Fighting is normal. That happens all the time. It can't be avoided," Gloria added.

5. I've noticed that after Gloria is no longer with her previous gang, she is hell of a better person. It was so easy talking to her now compared to her old self. That's her problem, she gets carried away easily. My problem is I don't care what others think of me. That's why I am normally myself, regardless of how close that entity is to me. I'm still with the childish, cheerful, bitchy attitude wherever you see me in the streets. Just another thing that Gloria told me of, her motto, if you must. "If you can't bear the worst of me, you can't deserve the best of me." And my true friends have bore with me and have deserved from me too. I'm proud to tell that I am very grateful to have them, uber alles!

7. Dad fetched me back. While I was on the way to meet him, I was wet. I got home with a holy wet body. It's been long since I've done that. I missed the days.

8. My newborn niece is finally one month old. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera to her place of this "full moon celebration" for babies, so far that I know of. I pretty much think it's a Malaysian culture. Is it? Well, the Malays (and Indians?) have it too.

9. It's 4 in the morning right now and I am not able to sleep.

How epic could this day be compared to my lame days of my seventeen breathing years of my life? MAN I just wish I could hit the rewind button and try perfecting every single flaw in this 24-hour time frame.

No comments: