NUFFY

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Time bomb

In the restaurant I work in, there is:
503: Code for Fried Shrimp Bomb (I think).
Hence, I deduce:
500: Code for Boss' Time Bomb.
Initial of 5-- is for snacks.


We accidentally keyed in 500 in our posting system tonight. If you still don't get what I mean, I'm going to put it in a very direct way, hoping you would not be too dumb not to understand it, no offense. We pissed Miss Wendy off today. I've came about a few hypothesis why she was pretty much angry with us, yeah I admit it's my fault. Let's roll back and review.

1. Grace was fired, I think due to the fact that she's pregnant. This was all I heard. I didn't dare to tell more than what I know. Something must've happened in the afternoon between the both of them.
1.5. I touched the cashier machine again.
2. In the Bar section, I was doing things slowly. I didn't really know how to do Bar closing. I admit, I was being a bimbo tonight.
3. All of us were rather slow, as usual, we always go back after 11.30pm.
4. From the tone she scolded me for being slow (although not loud or harsh), she has been very patient with us all these while.
5. We talk more than we work.
6. External issues that I didn't really bother listening, but from the tone I heard the bosses were talking, when I was cleaning up my section, I knew there were something that ticked her off too.

NOTE TO SELF:
1. Work then talk.
2. Bar closing - work efficiently.
3. DON'T TOUCH CASHIER MACHINE EVER! Although she didn't scold me, I DON'T DARE to see the 500 version of my boss, directed right to me.
4. If you have nothing to do in Bar, find cups to wash.
5. If all are done, grace (which I doubt that would ever happen).
***
Today during break I was rather ticked off by the waiter in KFC (which is two doors away from my workplace). This was the dialogue:
Me: Excuse me, may I know how much is Cheesy Wedges?
She: With tax, RM4.00. (Although she was not rude at all, I do not like the way she said WITH TAX)
Me: Take away has service tax too?
She: Yes :)
Me: It's ok then. Thank you. :)

She was dumbstruck altogether with the other waiters. Maybe I was ticked off because my workplace does not have government tax and of take away orders, 0% tax is charged. Never mind.

No comments: