NUFFY

Monday, January 3, 2011

OFF!

YES! At (long) last, tomorrow is off day!!!! I am finally a waiter. Really tiring job but I truly enjoy it. Being in the FnB (that's food and beverages) line is unexpectedly fun. Although coming back home with limping movements due to terribly tired legs, I still am very happy working there.

Psst! Today I received RM3.50 tips! Of course not personal, people! We will share it at the end of the month. Two days ago I received RM1.00 tips and I never expected that I will ever get more than that in my life. I was smiling like a small kid towards the counter and chimed, "Yay! RM3.50 tips!!!" then my colleague reminded me, "No personal tips!". OF COURSE I know, Ida! Ha, ha.

Today there were two customers (I really liked them. They were really so polite that he put his hand around my shoulder when I was busy cleaning a table, and he gave his comments on our food and drink we served them. Of course I ran to him and asked what was wrong, and he explained politely to me. He wasn't fussy at all! REALLY COOL GUY and pretty hot too, but he was dining with his girlfriend. Sad. Er... This couple is pretty sweet together by the way. Ha, ha.) that were so polite although the food and drink were not up to their expectations. After he commented on the food and drink, I reported that to Wendy, she's a Hokkien too! The best part here is, all the business partners are really really cool and caring. I adore all of them so much. I really do!!, my manager, and she finally resorted to asking me and Ida to try out the tom yum soup a little. Ida said it was too strong and spicy, that she nearly choked due to the spiciness. Then it was my turn to try it. Swirling and smelling it like red wine, and I took a sip and rolled it in my mouth. If it wasn't my favourite wine tasting sessions, I would have chocked too! It was TOOOOOOO sour and spicy that the tom yum aroma is already gone! I explained to Wendy about how the this theory works and she was nodding along the way. I hope she really listened to me.


Don't worry, Wendy. Once I get my paycheck, I will bring another food expert from home (none other than my granny) and me to dine in there. I will then make comments to improve our company.


Tomorrow is my off day, which I don't really regard it as my off day. I have to practice for guitar lesson at 6.30pm. I have 4 more pieces, expect them to finish by tomorrow and I can continue with my exam pieces. THREE exam pieces. Luckily, I am only grade 2. Yeah, things will be harder next time.

I have amended two of four the pieces that I am going to play to my tutor, see how my "rubato" works. I hope it will not be too terrible. I always like music with rubato. Rubato is "playing with one's desire", if you may.

So, that's all about my update these few days, missing in action. Thank you for waiting. I hope there are more to come.

Dad has finally sent money to me! I can pay up for my guitar exam fee first. WOOHOO! Epic, baby!!! Then later when I get my paycheck, I will put the amount I've taken into my "piggy bank" again. I don't have to worry about guitar fees anymore for the time being.

No comments: