NUFFY

Saturday, June 25, 2011

I was lost

Today, I took a bus from hostel to Kota Raya which later I lost my way to Pudu Raya. Many thanks to the uncles and aunties, and of course policemen who has helped me to find my way. This time, although I did regret, I still enjoyed my "lost" moment. I played my very first street chess game with an uncle, that we agreed the wage of 50 cents. I lost but he refused to accept my wage as I was about to take my wallet out. I have learnt a lot from this game.

I have been attacking recklessly lately in my life that I forgot to STOP and look around for the nature to respond. Now, I don't expect trees to talk back to me or air whispers to me. Nature simply means my surroundings - my friends' reactions to my actions, people's impressions towards me.

That uncle was a good defender. He was calm with all my reckless attacks and his moves has taught me a few things too:
1. Slow down, breathe.
2. Look and think before and after you move.
3. Think of why your opponent (in reality, friends) chooses his move and how to turn the table to your side.
4. It's just a game. Relax.

I tend to get too serious in the things I do. In everything I do, actually. Is this the sign of my commitment or the sign that I am a perfectionist?

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

PS: By playing a game of chess with me, I am able to do my psychoanalysis for both me and you. Do drop by if you tend to be psychoanalysed. That is, if you have the time to spend with me.

No comments: