NUFFY

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Donate an organ, save life

Well this is another essay (forced by my teacher) about the theme mentioned above and the title for my essay is 'Dear Mrs. Pattison'. I hope you enjoy this as how some of you did on the Opal story.
-k-

Dear Mrs. Pattison

120 Caistor Park Rd.

Stratford,

E15 3PR,

London.

25th December 2009.

Dear Mrs. Pattison,

You might be surprised that someone you barely know by the name of Vincent Foong had sent you flavoured eggs during the recent Easter. I did that all by myself just for you and your family. Well, the delivery man who sent you the food wasn’t me – I felt guilty to receive your son’s cornea.

I owe your son my sight, Mrs. Pattison. I am sorry for his departure last February. However, without him I am nothing. It was because of him – I gained my sight back; for real! This is my story…

Five years ago, I was an exchange student from Malaysia and stayed in my host parent’s house for a year. On 17th February 2004 while I was celebrating my first birthday away from home, my life was stirred up.

I was walking down Warwick Avenue back home that cold but pleasant night and then I noticed a big truck coming closer and closer towards a kitten. I tried to save it but before I could even budge, it rammed onto me. I was like a baseball being hit with full force – I knew it because I was flying for a moment before I hit the hard ground again.

I was alone after that with my body wet with sticky liquid. The damn truck left after it banged me. It felt like my bones had crushed into pieces. That was all I remembered. I was a nervous wreck when I found that I couldn’t see anymore, until finally I had to accept the fact that I was blind…

I checked every single thing in the Net after I had gained my sight and I discovered that I am able to see because of your son! Since then, I have been sending you gifts for celebrations with notes of THANK YOU’s and MAY GOD BLESS YOU’s. I know that donors are anonymous but I really hope that we could maintain a bond with each other because I feel that you are part of me as well.

I promise you, Mrs. Pattison. I will take care of my eyes as well as I could ever do. Because I want him to see the enormous change he had done to me. Once again, thank you so very much for everything. Before I forget, have a blessed Christmas.

With warmest love,

Vincent

PS: If you don’t mind I would like to drop by to your place sometime to express my gratitude personally.

[424 words used

-the end-

Thanks for everything, all of you. Teacher, Francine, Aruna, Adeline, Mum, Uncle - everyone!

No comments: