NUFFY

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nerd and Birthday

Yea, that is what Louisa calls me. Now, they're gonna tease me more.

WHY?!

Because I have to wear a special spectacles (but still! It's a pair of spectacles!)
My astigmatism isn't as WOW high as I described. The optician there, Mr. Cherif - from Tunisia, did an eye check on me and my angles are only L50 and R25. Short sightedness isn't a problem for now, so my specs are of 0 power.

I'll upload my so-called nerdy face once I have to specs with me alright?!

*****
(A LONG POST NOW)
I came back from KL after my eye check-up at 3pm. So tired and the three of us (Mum, Yen and I) took a nap before the both of them head back home. This was what happened few days back in Ipoh when they are all busy preparing for Popo's (mum's mum) birthday.


Day 1 (Arrival)
Granny and I took a bus to Ipoh on 25/9/2009 and seriously. It was such an effing boring journey! 5 solid hours of bus air conditioner. Thank the LORD that we've VIP seats earlier.
Departure: 3.40pm
Time of arrival (Medan Gopeng, the Silver State): 8.20pm
Then we both waited for Mum for a score of minutes I think... and we headed for wantan mee before all of us went home.

Popo's situation isn't good. She's frustrated with her cataract. She isn't even looking at any of us when she speaks. She says she only can see shadows vaguely. I was half sad for her, and half grateful to God that I still have my Granny (dad's mum) helping me with my daily humdum.
(I am using present tense here because she is still in the same condition)

Day 2 (Party)
We had lunch earlier that day and so many things've happened then! I took 7 parts of videos all broken into small files. There, I was giving coverage about the hustle and bustle of the lunch we all had.

Then, Yen and her 2 friends and I (alongside with Mum and Aunt Mooi) went to the restaurant at 4.30pm to prepare everything - the final touches, I would say... It was damn tiring! I could fall asleep when helping Mum to decorate the 'table numbers'.

7.00pm was when people started to flood in the restaurant. I was ushering all of them until Granny came about 7.25pm. Mum asked me to accompany her.

At around... 8.15pm was my turn to sing (after our 2 first dishes). it was the singing session where Aunt Mooi will randomly pick someone from anywhere to sing for Popo.

I sang Home Sweet Home and Wo De Bao Bei. It was a little jammed up actually because I was too nervous! I couldn't even press the G chord right for the Chinese song.

We continued eating and then we called it a day after the desserts came out (and eaten) where people go out and home...

I have learnt many things from this day. It isn't about ME, MYSELF and I but it's about YOU AND I, TOGETHER and US. It was a feeling that I couldn't put it into words, seriously. Just like my Gala Night and Farewell Party. 'Twas great!

Day 3 (Departure-today)
I have nothing else to say already. Everything is up there. So, that's it for now. Imma take my shower. TTFN and love y'all!

PS: If any of you wanna see the videos and pictures, feel free to add me in Facebook - my username is Alexander Ooi Kim Huat.

Au revoir.

No comments: