NUFFY

Monday, December 14, 2009

Guitars...


Yeah, this was the interpreted piece called Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Given by Mr. Ho last week in my first guitar lesson. His way of playing the song was quite acoustic and
fresh for the new kids. So I showed him my 'heavier' style of playing it and he'd approved it. Oh and the best part was when I was singing, he was plucking a part as well. I didn't know which verse he did so because I was totally tuned to the song's rhythm, not wanting it go slip out of control.

He said that it was OK for me to change the strumming pattern or even the whole melody and he told me many more things which I couldn't remember. But his point was obvious - songs are supposed to be enjoyed.

Today he taught me another song, just the first part of it though... Er... Oh yeah! Wake Me Up When September Ends. It's really a cool song to play. I'm dead serious. He was suggesting songs for me, 1234 (I said I had the chords already), 21 guns (i said OK), Wake Me Up When September Ends (I said OK with crazy nods and my... 'signature' smile).

I promise you Uncle Siew Onn, I will learn Canon in D major and I shall play it for you some day. Your words actually made me want to learn plucking more than ever! Thanks.

No comments: