NUFFY

Monday, December 7, 2009

SICK SICK SICK

The day before yesterday, Win Shen told me he was sick, yesterday granny was sick, alongside with Ronna. And today, I am sick. Luckily it ain't fever. But actually it was worse: a Lucipher-damned conjunctivitis on my left eye.


At about 2am I was chatting with Ronna on my hand phone because I really need someone to listen to me complaining about my bloodshot eye. He was so funny, kept on mentioning about 'cotton wool, cotton wool...' because I said my eye was like bleeding. He thought it was the blood-pouring kind of bleeding. Sorry Ronna. I worried you too much I think?

I couldn't shut both eyes nor move my left eye. It was excruciatingly painful (not really to that extend)! I thought I was going blind, lucky enough I still have my eyes functioning now! Phew!!! I decided to sleep (FINALLY!) and woke up nearly afternoon and Mum called to check out about my condition here. We both talked for nearly an hour. I ate and decided to go to see Dr. Lim which is sort of my family doctor? It was about 1pm when I walked and I stumbled on Mrs. Woon (my neighbour). She was such a nice lady sending me to the spot and then I found out that it was lunchtime for Dr. Lim and will only be opened at 2.30pm. Great.

Mrs. Woon kind-heartedly sent me back home. My goodness, I was so embarrassed on troubling her like that!!! I apologized to her about five times in the car on the way back home... So then I was here, playing some games and practiced my interpretation of 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' that I planned to ask my guitar tutor to give some comments about my weird interpretation until the clock stroke 2.30pm.

'Huat, it's 2.30pm already. Go to see Dr. Lim now!!!!!' My Granny shouting from the lower floor. Nah, we always do this thing. We shout at each other when I am upstairs. Both are lazy to either go down or come up, so: we shout. Ha, ha. I know, weird family eh?

A walking distance to his clinic took me about 10 minutes and I sat on the bench after giving my name to the nurse, or whatever you call that lady that works almost like a receptionist in hotel... Only thing is, she works in the clinic.

'Kim Huat,' she called. I wasn't aware. I was avidly reading The Daily Bread that was provided there. 'KIM HUAT,' she called again and I sprang to see the doctor immediately. He did some checks on my left eye and he concluded, 'I cannot see any fallen bodies in your eye. It shouldn't be a matter. Never mind, I give you an eye drop and you just drop 2 drops every hour. I think... it will be alright.'
That few lines of conclusion and the mini eye drop which I think about... 15 or 20ml has cost me RM20! My goodness, things nowadays are bloody expensive. Really!


After the consultation, I went to...
to take away 2 pieces of breasts, 1 regular coleslaw and 1 large cheesy. All for RM11.75. Then I went to the Bakery to buy a slice of cheese sponge cake and a choc rice ball and finally to Family Store to buy a tub of vanilla ice cream.

Now, I was ready to go back home.


PS: I managed to make Dr. Lim laugh today! Hooray!!!

No comments: