NUFFY

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas and Thanksgiving

 Yes, I'm talking about Christmas season again. Although it has been 2 days since then because I was just tagged on Facebook with the interesting pictures in church and in my pastor's house during dinner on Christmas night.


Insight of the church, during our arrangement of new chairs
Photoshot taken when all things are done!

 These pictures were taken on Christmas eve, after the celebration of Christmas for the World Harvest Children Church. We were at first, unwrapping our church's Christmas gift of NEW red chairs, and then we ended up playing dodge balls with the balled sling wraps. It was seriously joyful seeing everyone playing with it and especially when Perez started cursing mildly in Malay, which made me ALMOST ROTLMHO - rolling on the floor laughing my heads off.

When everything has been done, we finally took a group photo (actually more than one, but I chose this as my featured photo in my blog) together. And this, people. Is my big family (though incomplete), born again from the same Father - Jesus.

My Spiritual Family, during Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner
 Then, on Christmas, I woke up and prepared myself to go to church for our Christmas praise celebration and I received my first gift from God, through Jimmy, another brother in Christ during the alter call - Jimmy imparted to my his gift of teaching and I immediately fell down flat on my back by the power of God and felt my heart and soul being renewed.

We had our lunch outside the church after everything was over and there I got a lot of presents - handmade gifts, from many of them. I was shocked and touched to receive so many of their heartfelt Christmas gifts. Though, these are just papers and they are so small and valueless to many of you out there, but these things mattered a lot to me. It really struck deep in my heart. I think from here onwards, I shall be having a mini box for myself - to keep all these memorable stuffs because I'm afraid if I just leave it unattended, I will end up throwing them away next year. This usually happens when I don't take care of my stuffs.

My Kinship: Tricia, Bong Yang and I

Later, I got back to my hut and slept. Planning to wake up at 5pm, to prepare to go and help out in my pastor's house during dinner that night but I woke up at 6pm instead. I felt literally useless at that point. Then, David (the guy in purple tee below) fetched me at 7pm and I went there and WHOA. The house is filled with so many people. Yes, the picture you see above, in a more homely environment are those people who went for the thanksgiving dinner. Honestly, I felt so home and them and ate like a king, as what my section overseer has said to me: "Tonight, we shall eat like kings!"

Although I wanted to help out by giving out food to them, I somehow was tempted to eat. Oh, screwed. Temptation again. Ha, ha. Sorry, folks! My bad. But anyway, we all had a lot of fun there, with 3 people snapping so many pictures, talked about casual things with the pastors, watching Shrek 4ever on HBO, laughed my heads off on some funny scenes which literally made everyone around me felt uncomfortable with my laughter.

What more can I say?
Exactly, what more can I say? All in all, I thank God for giving me such wonderful spiritual family and blessing me with these wonderful people around me. Thanks to everyone and now, we shall be equipping ourselves for the mysterious year ahead. God bless everyone. Amen.

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

No comments: