NUFFY

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feet + Ball

I don't know why people call this game as FOOTball while they play with feet not a foot. Anyway... I'm glad that my team (Benjamin, Melvin, Jason, Hei Kiet, Mugi and I) won over Kamales' team that were comprised of 4 Malay kids that I dunno they even exist. So, basically that's that.

Before Mugi came in when our score was 1-7 (game was 8) I lost fate and faith; blaming the crap on me as I am a really terrible defender-cum-keeper. I wanted to draw out but Ben asked me to continue, and so I did.

Then, there came the saviour - Mugi just came out of his house and started playing on our side. Blow after blow we scored. 2-7, 3-7, 4-7, 5-7, 6-7, 7-7.

Game points - Tiebreaker.

This was the climax: These uber cool Malay kids came rushing through my defense and going straight to the D-area and I did something REALLY FORKING STUPID:
I used my HANDS to stop the ball from rolling.
That ain't free kick - that was a goddamn PENALTY!!! So, Jason was our keeper and everyone was eying on the ball.
Un, deux, trois...
PLOOMPT...
PHEW! NO GOAL!!!! And so our 2nd saviour kicked the ball to Hei Kiet (I think. It happened too fast) and we continued playing until...
8-7
Victory! I just realized that football isn't just a game. It requires trust, forgiveness, courage and support. Not to forget: CHEERS.

I just knew of one tactic for defense - I think myself of a military tank. If I can't get the ball, I will ram the opposing player to grab the ball. It's legal, right?

-k-

PS: Mugi was shocked to see me playing football.

1 comment: