NUFFY

Friday, June 18, 2010

Anxious!!!

I am VERY anxious for tomorrow night. I am scared that I will get "pitchy" tomorrow towards the end of Breakaway. Well, yeah. I am singing that song, as a background singer. Ha, ha. Vincy is our band's lead singer.

No, I shouldn't say this. Every one of us is super important in this matter - in this situation as critical as such!

WAIT, GUYS! I forgot something.

I forgot to tell you what in the name of charity night happened...
First, my friend was supposed to have this band. The whole story started from there.
Then, out of the blue we've got a news on Wednesday morning during meeting that this kid's band is not going up on stage to perform. Well, yeah. Due to some private things which I am not suppose to say it out here. It's bad to bitch about my own friends, even IF I hated them. So during the meeting, Tommy, Sebastian, Vincy and I (I am not making out names. They are their names - nicknames) made a mini discussion before we proceeded on finding sponsors in Seremban 2. Guys, seriously... That was one humiliating story which I don't wish to unravel here. It was just humiliating.
-----------------------------------------------------
Tommy: So how?
Me: I dunno. We form our own band?
Vincy: No. Wait. Let's just ask him first whether his band is going up or not. We're back-up, after all.
Me: Then you call and ask him?
[A very irritating scene had happened and we came to our conclusion moments after that]
Tommy: So, 3 of us?
Me: Wait. Isn't it better if we ask Sebastian to strum while you pluck? I wanna be the background singer. Is it OK?
Tommy: Er... OK. Fine then.
-----------------------------------------------------
So that was a very brief history on how we formed this band, which we ourselves didn't have time to think of our name.

I just hope that nothing THAT bad will come happen. It is going to be a big BOO if I sing out of pitch. You know, it's hard to maintain as alto sometimes, even though I am generally alto. Never mind, I am beginning to talk cock and bull right, in the name of over-anxiety.

Tommy pointed out a good point: "I am not helping him. I am just helping the night only."

This is a very motivating e-mail by Mum later this afternoon, I suppose.

"In respect of the band presentation – just let your hair down and enjoy it. Remember the Aesop’s Fable about the man & his son sending the donkey to the market place. Moral of the story is that you can’t please everybody – so you just carry on with the assignment handed to you BUT you might as well enjoy while doing it…. It’ll do a lot of wonders when you enjoy yourself."

No comments: