NUFFY

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Retirement

I am finally a senior citizen of my school! I am hereby declaring my unofficial retirement, after my Charity Night project was over last night at 10.30pm. These are the mad things that happened yesterday.

5.30pm
Reached school.
Setting up guitars for my fellow guitarists.
Practicing again and again.

6.10pm
Yik Chin (leader of the project) asked where was my uniform.
We both panicked and I was finding for help everywhere.
Alex was scolded by her mother by the idea of lending me her uniform (I'm sorry, Alex)
Pei Ru couldn't give me her uniform on time.
I saw Andrew, and I ran to him helplessly, shouting his name. He was smiling. Guessed by my stupid act.
I begged him to send me home to take my uniform with his bike.
He rode on slowly and safely (Amen).
I ran back home from where he dropped me and ran out after grabbing my things.
Back on Andrew's bike and went to school again. Left hand on his torso, right hand carrying my uniform. I was trying to maintain balance.

6.20pm
Reached school gate.
Andrew couldn't send me up, so I gotta run - full speed. I swear that I could feel my legs almost flying up as I almost failed to maintain balance there. I was Lucky I didn't fall there!!
Ran to backstage and changed.

6.27pm
I was ready with my main buttons.
Asked Tommy and Sebastian to button my shoulder straps as I put on my lanyard and name tag.

6.31pm
Everything was set!

6.55pm
Principal arrived.
Kai Yun and I ushered him.
He wanted to take a stroll with us instead, around the stalls.

7.15pm
OC began, which was supposed to begin 15 minutes earlier.

Fast forward 10 times

8.30pm
My band's turn was up.
Vincy first sang The Climb and many people liked it. We were happy, even though the guitars weren't really loud. Stupid PA system. Wilfred, if you read this, I hope it isn't offensive.
I went up, grabbing my mike on the stand, switched it on.
Waited for my turn to harmonise Vincy.

8.45pm
Everything was over for us.
Relieved!
A surge of emotional wave hit me as I hugged Sebastian, thanking him for the show. I managed to hold my tears back when I told him, "Thanks. This is my last performance."
9.15pm
We camwhored with Jym Chong and Danell Lee.

I had the feeling that Jym wears contacts. His eyes are unusually round and perfect. Oops, guess you guys don't know how I am obsessed with people's eyes, don't you?

10pm
Camwhored with Louisa's gang (Lillian and Elaine)
10.30pm
Camwhored with my committee members that made the night successful.

11pm
Reached home. Bathed.

3am
Slept.

--------------------------------------
Zillion thanks to Tommy, Sebastian and Vincy who worked together as a team to make it one of the hottest event, even though we were a little emotional during our afternoon rehearsal. Vincy sang off-pitch and guitars weren't loud - we felt devastated that afternoon. Tommy, thank you so much with your guidance in perfecting my pitch in the outro of Breakaway. I was really lucky to have you there. Thanks for having the thought of calling me in your band at the first place. Love you guys loads!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely, not to forget Izzad for his amplifier, for Tommy.

As for Yik Chin and Ying Ying, I am really sorry for irritating you throughout the whole project by raising out stupid things. That was mainly because I was worried that our project would be like the year before, which luckily it didn't!

With this, I take a bow. Thanks to my school teachers who've allowed me to join so many co-curricular activities for 4 long years. Never mind form 1. I was too passive to even talk to people outside my circle.

Listen mum, dad. I promise you now. That I have no other reasons not to study (besides music and procrastination) I will try my best to get a royal flush for SPM (or maybe trials). I don't and won't care for which A i might get, as long as they are A's. I am glad. That certainly qualifies me for a full waiver for my tuition fee in TARC next year. I can't wait to study Accounts!

But at the mean time, I am sad to say goodbye to Science as well. I love experimental Science like dissecting frogs!!! But never Science at work like being an engineer or anything close to that.

So now, I end my holiday plans with a happy smile. I need to sleep now as I HAVE to get up at 5.15am tomorrow.

PS: Wilfred, my brother. I hope you will be alright. Take a day off.
PSS: My gang was the only gang that managed to take a group shot with Danell! Thanks Louisa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!