NUFFY

Friday, June 11, 2010

Boredom is killing me

Yeah, well said, kid. Boredom is killing every single one of us! I don't see anything as interesting as before anymore. It gets boring now. Facebook, MSN Chat and even mini games.

I am just so bored that I even finished The Rose Labyrinth yesterday without understanding the gist of the story, at all, at all! Serves me right, doesn't it? I've been reading that book since last year's November. Surely it was a long stretch - now that explains the perplexities I have undergone, don't it?

Anyway, enough with the novel. Dad, if you read this, I am finally unwrapping your present for my 17th birthday. I do mean it metaphorically, people... The present is:

Yes people, this poster is the exact book cover (written by Stephenie Meyer) that I am reading currently, saves the fact that my book is a second-handed one. Dad ordered the wrong version online. He was perplexed when he found out it was old.
[Replay scene from my photographic and imaginative captures]

Scene 1
SFX: Knocking on door
Dispatch boy: Sir, this is your order from (I dunno which site my Dad ordered from). Please sign here.
Dad: Wait. Why is this book a second-handed one?
Dispatch boy: Sir, I am afraid that this is your order sir.
Dad: Oh, very well then. Thank you.
Dispatch boy: Thank you, sir. Have a nice day.
SFX: Door being closed

Scene 2
SFX: Dad runs up the stairs to his laptop
Mum #2: Dear, why are you in a hurry?
Dad: No, nothing. I just want to tell Alex about his new book and wrapping it up for him. It's his birthday soon.
Lights off. Exeunt omnes.

*Note: I am imagining that the Brits in the UK is speaking with their accent in this manner. Mum #2 is my step mum which I seriously doubt she would ever speak like that. I didn't know how they speak. Scenes were in the UK, I am in Malaysia. It was a wild imagination, people. Don't get me wrong. And Dad, if you read it. I don't mean anything bad. As I've said, it's my imagination...

PS: Stephanie Mayer's book is rather interesting, compared to that of Labyrinth! This book has quite a lot of unintentional sarcasms and unintentional jokes. I think I have wasted RM45 (or so) on Labyrinth... I should've bought Cecilia Ahern's instead!

No comments: