NUFFY

Sunday, June 27, 2010

XI Scout's Campfire 2010

'Twas last night. I went with Ben - Mr. Lim (his dad, duh!) sent us there and we saw a huge damn crowd of people outside the school gate. Sadly, this is our tradition in our school so that the registry wouldn't be over-crowded. We walked straight to the bus stop, a few meters from where Mr. Lim dropped us and I saw Louisa, Shangeetha and Ahmad waiting for us. Yes, people we had the time to update each other up about gossips and news. That's my classmates, readers...
Walking to Ben's house. I snapped this picture to see was my hair okay...

After a while (not really a while... It was about half an hour?) Adeline sent me a message saying that she was late, with apologies. Anyhow, our mini gang continued talking until Adeline came along. Both of us didn't really notice what we wore until Louisa blurted, "Hey, you both planned to wear white and brown is it?" Only then we realized, it really was a coincidence! White top, brown bottom. Ha, ha.

A while later, our RCS gang (we registered under this society) managed to squeeze in through the tiny gate because we have had enough people to register ourselves in.

My mini gang, Ben was the photographer; my RCS gang.

While I was waiting for Adeline to squeeze in, I went up to my school compound and took picture with my band's lead singer, Zi Er.

Zi Er... How I missed the night. 4 of us, bombarding the event successfully. I wish that we would have time to do some jamming every now and then. Love and miss you guys loads: Zi Er, Sebastian and Tommy.

At around 7.11pm, Adeline called me saying she was in (finally), ha, ha. It seemed that she's small enough to squeeze in after all... And we took this picture before the OC started.

People, I am telling you. This is coincidence. We didn't believe it ourselves!

7.30pm - OC started. It took extra mileage for it to start. Supposedly, they should start at 7pm. The MC's were practically shouting for us to sit down: "Guys, for one last and final time. Please take your seats as the show will be starting very soon." As an experienced MC, I could sense anger in their tone. OK, stop praising yourself, Alex! Self praise is no praise but self disgrace.

OC's climax, after Miss Zalilah, senior assistant of Co-cu lit fire on the falcon's mouth; Fire extinguisher hit these people there. Who cares, they are not from our school...

I could not take pictures in the dark. Too gloomy and my camera is cheap and no "NIGHT MODE" function to be seen in any buttons. Too bad. Sigh... Anyway, after refreshment Adeline and I went up the tower and took picture from above, again it didn't depict much as it was supposed to be seen. SUPER SIGH!

Us on tower, I hope you can see how tall this gadget was; the souvenir, it was too dark that I didn't know where I focused on - the flash did it's job but I forgot to set it to super-macro.

Ade: My hand's smaller than your's!
Me: No, it looked the same.
Ade: See (in unison, but different meaning).
Me: I told you it looked the same.
Ade: Your's are a little bigger...

Then my gang finally departed when the whole thing had finally come to an end, we have decided walk to Salmah Beevi (7km from school). Yeah, insane. We know but who cares. We had each other there and we started telling stories again...

On the way there, we saw Jia Yao with his gang in Shamniss' (that's my godbro - the elder one. I have only 4 siblings: Ja She as the elder "sister", Jia Yao, Wilfred as the younger "brother" and lastly, Vaness as my biological sister). He will be going to UUM for degree in accountancy next Saturday. I hope everything will be fine for him. He's tough, I think.

Then we saw Izzad with his Kancil - what else? All of us "pimped his ride" all the way to Salmah. 10 of us there: Kevin, Jason, Gopi, Tan, Louisa, Shangeetha, Ahmad, Izzad, Haziq and I sat there long for supper (that time was about 11pm or so) and watched football: Uruguay against Korea. Uruguay won 2:1. No more hope for Asia, except for Japan. Sorry if I get the facts wrong. I don't stay up late for all these.

When everything was over, Izzad sent Haziq and I back home and I bathed, do my nocturnal routine and finally slept.

This morning, I woke up thanking God that it rained when I opened my eyes and I dozed off again. Then, Wilfred replied my message (the message was last night's). How kind of him to disturb my sleep. I was bloody worried whether Dad or Mum had any huge problem messaging me this early! Damn it.

However, I woke up feeling fresh and young. I started my day as usual.

---------------------------------

PS: Mum, don't worry. Adeline and I are just friends. That night, my classmates asked the same thing and the both of us were tired of denying it. Tell you more on Monday, if you could call earlier. Around 2.45pm? Wednesday I will have to stay behind - RCS meeting. As for the Biology workshop yesterday, I felt utterly stupid after that and I told Ben that after that workshop, I thought I will get zero for paper 3. The things were so different from what I wrote there. Sorry. This time round, I thought I would get a flush but since A- is now 75% to 79%... Hope is gone. As for Accounts, I am the fourth highest in cohort. OK, I think this is draggy. I will tell you everything when I hear from you, OK. Love, son.

No comments: