NUFFY

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cardiac arrest

I nearly died today, folks. I'M DEAD SERIOUS! This evening I called TARC to check on my hostel application and the lady told me that there is no such record of application with my name and the male residential area is already fully booked.

I went on to Plan E (E for emergency) by thinking of all sorts of things, what to buy, where to stay next (as I have saved 2 numbers in my phone) and Dad called me just in time. He could hear from my tone, although I was trying my best to stay calm. He knew I was panicked for something. So I went on discussing with him the things to buy and to bring etc.

Moments later, a buzz on my mobile. TARC, again.
"Hello, may I speak to - (my name) please?"
Speaking.
"This is Miss - here. Your hostel application is actually approved already," I swear I could hear her sheepish tone through the phone and I bet she was smiling rather sheepishly that particular moment as well. From the way she speaks, I am quite certain she is at her 20's. A small difference with me, I am certain.
OK, so meaning to say, I DO have a place to stay already, is it?
"Yes. My colleague was cross-checking on the name lists of those KIV ones, that is why we couldn't find your name in at first," or something of that sort, she was saying. I couldn't remember as much.
OK, so may I check in on the 2nd May?
... (and the conversation went on and she gave me the Hostel Dept number to ask further questions, as it is beyond their (Student Affair Dept's) knowledge)

AMEN! GOOD LORD! I nearly collapsed when I first heard the news, now that she said it's been approved. I am very much more relieved.
Supplicanti parce, Deus.

1 comment:

Joeylicious said...

all the best dude. ;)