NUFFY

Monday, April 11, 2011

Wasted minutes

Some people say, being angry for a minute, you lose 60 seconds of happiness, and I today, lost 6 000 seconds of happiness and contentment. 10 minutes of anger.

I was very hungry and I wanted to buy dinner. However, my neighbours parked their cars on the narrow street and I could not drive out of my house at all. People say, "Hungry man is an angry man," well... That's true in my case. I was angry not only because I was hungry, but I have been tolerating with all of them for a long time already, since I've bought this car, since they've bought new cars, since they've bought bigger cars.

What I did tonight was, reader... I drove up to my house pavement, smashed the door shut, locked my car door and started shouting to Granny (complaining to her, that was) about how relentless these people in the neighbourhood are! That moment, as I've thought over it now, was the premiere time where I have told my neighbours off sarcastically with my loud booming voice, which I was sure these car owners that scatter their cars and made it hard for me to drive, heard it.
Question: Did they understand my flare?
For 10 minutes, or so (which I was sure, my flare was not finished within 10 minutes) I was continuously cursing them being ignorant, stupid, idiotic and bloody. Readers, I could be the youngest driver in my street but... I seriously do not know what should I say.

My friends advised me to talk to them. But why? 4 cars, readers. Not one. How is it for me to talk to these people? Wouldn't they think bad of me? I just am afraid to tell them to move their cars, particularly because I did not wanna disturb their family so late a night. Now, I am all but remorseful over the actions that I've done. I've wasted my time and now my car remote control is out of order (because I threw it full forced to the floor as I was shaking with fury).

However, on this accord, I shall never say sorry to these people. In fact, everyone including me should be grateful that nothing worse than noise pollution for a few minutes happened tonight. Otherwise, things could be far worse off.

Dad and Mom, I am sorry that I could not contend this within myself, as I have been tolerating with them a long while. I am sincerely sorry again.

Supplicanti parce, Deus.

PS: I was so near of uttering these words -
"I am simply too intelligent to stay here with these people," which by no means, would be very unpleasant to hear, because one thing of me - I am sick of the citizen's civil conscience to the core already. Seeing these things, simply make me far more ill of the ugly status quo.

PPS: I am sorry that my English has been taken into another level of metaphor and simile. Written, especially. As I am reading a lot of classic books recently (i.e.: Jane Eyre, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz). Crossed are those that I've read.

No comments: