NUFFY

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lost

Again... For the Petrosains Science Show. It was so disappointing when we heard our votes were only 29. Of course I am sad now... You need not to ask me that.

Anyway, I'd cried earlier and hugged both Mrs Wong Mei Kuen and Miss Siti Aishah and apologized to them... It was my darn fault. Or was it?

***

Earlier, we went to Parkson at 9.15am by a chartered bus and registered at 9.30am. So we wasted our time watching 11 other schools perform before our turn had finally came. Before our turn, I borrowed Ramanan's RM5 to buy Starbucks because I had wasted too much money on McD set. I ordered Toffee Nut Frapucinno. Then when I came back with my coffee, Amir Shazwan (one of the 15 supporters from our school) asked, "WHAT?! Starbucks again?!!!" because I had just bought it when our gang hanged out in Jusco days ago.

Our school was the last to perform at 3.50pm. Everyone was bored, I knew it. But then again we did our best and we still lost. Argh!

I was so tired after that and just cried like hell when our school didn't make it to runners up. I tried my best to keep cool but I just couldn't. The juries were giving positive comments but then again, I didn't know what was wrong! My teacher suspected that it was... you know... Big-shot's game kinda business? You know what I mean don't you!

When I was crying after the prize-giving ceremony, Gopinath (also one of the 15 supporters from our school) had advised me.
"Ooi, it doesn't matter. Thomas Alva Eddison tried 1000 times and then only he had succeeded! You can try next year, Ooi!"

Keerthana (my co-presenter on stage)
"Ooi, what is life if you keep on winning? Losing and winning is a part of the competition!"

Adeline (supporter)
"It doesn't matter, Ooi. You had done a good job up there!"

My day just went on like that...

***

1 Message Received (7.33pm)
Sender: Benjamin Lim
Message:
If you can keep your head down when others are losing theirs, you'll be a better person my friend. Try to remember this. You don't have to feel disappointed I know that you have put in a lot of effort but it was just not enough.

PS: Thank you for your motivation. I appreciate it a lot.

No comments: