NUFFY

Friday, August 12, 2011

Of Exam and English Carnival Night

Exam is this next week. I think I am rather prepared for it? Many people are proven wrong. SO WRONG. They said that I will start playing, and lose momentum over my own studies and later on being hard to grab and yada yada... BUT I proved them all wrong! Guess that shows I have good circle of friends here!!

English Carnival Night is next semester. I am playing the role as a Wife in a story which revolves around a typical family breach scene of Daddy having mistress, child abuse which later leads to child suicide. Things are rather typical, I know. But isn't it what we all are facing now? Even I underwent the same problem. It is only common for these couples to divorce, you see? Well, I am not trying to make myself shameful to face the society by talking in such a manner... Come on, if it wasn't money, mistress and poison, what else would it ever be? To be frank, this is as normal as premarital sex. Tell me no, and I shall not write in the future.

Above all rest, I do hope that I shall act good on stage as a Wife. It is quite challenging for me to even start writing the script (yes, I am scriptwriter, director and the protagonist) and the best new thing for me is, this is a musical drama where we would have dancers and singers performing live instead of using radio to make the sound effects - this idea is credited by a guy in Group 27, 1DAC(C) whom I have yet to know him personally...

So yesterday, we were all doing discussions about all those appropriate scene managements and adding a few other relevant ideas into the script, and rejecting quite a lot of new incoherent ideas (OK, not so incoherent but we just felt that it is better off this way already, instead of changing the WHOLE script) from many people. All I did was to listen and make less noise. I only write down those relevant points to be added in the script. That's my job. There is no use protecting my script at all because this is an open discussion where in ultimatum, everyone would agree to this one final script (and yes, the story line was already finalized), many thanks to my members and tutor.

Let's just all hope that we will rock the stage on that night! VIP's will be there too! THIS IS SO COOL, isn't it? So, TARCians, if you're free that night (date yet to be finalized by the exco), please do come and support us. As the saying goes, "Be savvy, speak English".

Kyrie eleison; Supplicanti parce, Deus.

No comments: