NUFFY

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dinner

Tonight, I had dinner with Granny in Kensington. Let's start with the design first, shall we?

Design: Western. Simple motives all over. Some cotton decorations with Christmas theme on walls. Classic table linen and chair covers. Music is not too loud nor too soft, suitable for family dinner. Temperature is neither too hot nor cold. Just nice. If it was pasta, I'd say al dente! Toilet is clean too. 5/5

Service: Poor English (well, I can't avoid that, can I?) but they were very polite. Always with smiles on their faces. They are very efficient indeed when it comes to my non-satisfaction of Sauvignon Blanc served at room temperature as the flavour and smell was pretty much awful that I thought it was already opened for days! Then the manager explained to me that it is SUPPOSED to be served chilled but mine was not, since there are no more chilled SB. After my complain, he offered, "Sir, do you like it chilled?" and after 10 odd minutes, he brought some of the chilled SB to me and asked again, "Sir, would you mind trying this?" When I said it was OK, he replied, "Sir, I will top up for you when you finished this," again with a smile. As for the brouhaha, 4/5.

Dish: Granny and I tried on Starter B (with tempura prawns, garlic breads and spring rolls) with addition of fried prawns with salt and peppercorn (as recommended by the waitress to compliment my wine). They had made a little mistake by serving us the prawns before the starter. Isn't it supposed to be starter first, or am I the one self-righteous here. If so, I am sorry. For the dish, I'd say 4.5/5. There are surely some rooms for improvement.

Price: Table for two, it only cost RM66.70 which was very cheap indeed. Free and refillable lukewarm water. Nice food. Nice environment. Taxation of ONLY 5% of service charge and NO government tax, I was indeed shocked about it!

Overall, 4/5. Good job, Kensington. It was pleasant to be there tonight.

PS: I thought of trying red wine tonight, since I've tried on white wine the other night already but I felt it didn't worth the money I pay for, though only RM18 per glass because the red wine (apparently they only serve Merlot in glasses) was produced in 2009, compared to my Blanc, 2005. That was by far the oldest wine I've tasted to far.

CONCLUSION
With Mom, Yen and Granny: Kensington
With Dad: La Esquina

No comments: