NUFFY

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Xmas

24th December 2010:
Went for midnight mass in Church of Visitation and got home around 2am. Gloria's family (her mom and brother) and Keevin was with me during the duration. I've learnt a lot from the mass, although about 95% I heard that night, I have forgotten. I dunno why I could not focus. I forgot all the prayers too. All I remembered was I almost cried when the prayer comes to this, "as for the elderly..." I just felt so sad of my neighbour's fate. She was sort of chased out from her son's house, you see. I really couldn't control my emotion then. If Gloria, Keevin, Francine and Adeline was not there, I would have cried and made a big issue in the church.

25th December 2010:
Got up at 11.45am and got ready to go to Francine's house for Christmas lunch. I spent half of my day there, until 6.30pm. We ate little and gossiped a lot. That's us. I was too tired and I slept at 8.30pm and woke up at 11pm. Such an anti-climax for me! Now I could not sleep at all.

26th December 2010:
Christmas has ended. The priest in the church during the gospel was right.
"[...]It would be so simple for us to wish strangers Merry Christmas on Christmas but so hard for us to smile at them in other days[...] That was what Charles Dickens said before this, 'I honour Christmas in my heart and keep it all year through'[...] God has given his only begotten son, Jesus Christ to us as a gift and we shall give gifts to people, let the gift be small, invaluable or even insignificant... (I can't really recall this line. I hope I don't offend anyone here) [...] That is why we should not make God's gift to us as a forgotten son, but a begotten son."

No comments: