NUFFY

Monday, December 27, 2010

Work Interview #4

Yes people, I have been rejected by 2 companies and 1 restaurant. Though I admit I was a little too bold trying out companies at THIS early age of my life. Anyway, that Spanish restaurant didn't return the call back to me, which I feel really stupid after wasting my time doing some crap, debating with my mom, well I guess she's more than happy that I am not working there now. Right, Mom?

This was the conversation between Aruna, Gopinath and I this morning.
To: Gopinath
Hey man, I'm done with my crap here. So, I'll fetch you around 11am, ok?

From: Gopinath
Can we make it on 12pm? I just got up and I have to do some things. If not, I'd have done it early. Is 12pm ok?

To: Gopinath
11.30am, then. See you there!

To: Aruna
Hey, Gopi has just woke up too. We'll make it on 11.30am then. But I'll fetch you about 11am. Longer time to talk about... :)

From: Aruna
So, you'll fetch me around 11am?

When we all have reached Tesco Extra, we first tried applying to work INSIDE TE, but apparently we can't do that because we're not of age yet. They will not be responsible for any calamities in workplace and stuffs. When they said about SOCSO I knew there and then that it was impossible to debate any further.

However, we started walking in TE and we realised that it was a lot as cool as Jusco! Really nice place, TE. I've never expected THAT to come from... Never mind. And so we had some job hunt on some areas and came about a booth selling fruit which needed a girl worker and so we asked Aruna to try it out but this was what happened:

Girl: Yes, welcome. Come try on some of these. We have testers.
Gopi: No, she (pointed at Aruna) wants to find a job.
Girl: Oh so all these have just finished SPM, no?
Me: You too? So meaning to say that all of us here have just finished SPM. Cool!
Girl: If you want to find a job, try SeeU here (pointed behind her booth). It has newly opened. I think you can find a job there. The boss is a Chinese. A very nice person, I'd say.
Aruna: (Looked at me) Wanna give it a shot?
Me: Well, ok.
Gopi: Thanks! (To the girl)

Here I had dilemma to go or not to go because it was all very messy but because of the both of them, we went in and filled the form. The boss interviewed us on the spot. Impromptu volley. I was the first to go. I was explained about the salary, systems and working hours which was really really a good place to start. Here I learn new things too, albeit the far distance from home, but who cares now?

That was basically it. My fourth round of job hunting. I really hope I could get it there! Guitar exam fee, I finally can afford you. Although not confirmed we're pretty much confident we would get it. Let's just pray for the best.

Special thanks to: 
The anonymous girl who suggested us to try it out
Lionel who said, "only this and you're giving up so fast?" when I said I'm off with the job hunting crap
Gopinath and Aruna for forcing me to go in there. You guys are simply awesome!

No comments: